Featured post

NEWS: Totally Pawsome Policies for Interviews and Reviews - Thundermouser

  Hail Mighty Readers and Rollers of the Maths Rocks, We love to interview people in the TTRPG scene so if you are in one of the following r...

Wednesday 14 June 2023

INDEPENDENT TTRPG CREATOR REVIEW: 3D Miniatures - Raging Heroes


MINIATURE DESIGN:
  Beautifully designed, an asset for any scenario

MINIATURE PRINTING (3rd Party of Company):  Company

MINIATURE QUALITY:  Lots of Flash, fair amount of mold lines

EASE OF ASSEMBLY:  No instructions, relys on purchaser looking at the picture and putting the pieces together utilising the image.

CUSTOMER SERVICES (If dealt with):  Friendly, however took a while to resolve.

WOULD I BUY FROM AGAIN:    I would more likely buy the STL's if I find someone to print them for me or if I purchase a 3d Printer.  If relying on Raging Heroes pre-printed, probably not.

MARKS OUT OF TEN:  4


REVIEW:

OK, recently I ordered myself some fabulous looking mini's from Raging Heroes, a company based in southern France, whose wide range, gives you some creative and beautifully designed miniatures for a fair few armies or to utilise for many a TTRPG game.


The following is a review based on my order, what I received and of communications with the company in regard to my dealings with them.


Right now that, we've covered that, lets start with what I ordered:

Captain Elantra, Chief of the Militia (Imperial - F)

City Militia Command Group (Imperial - F)

City Militia Troops (Imperial - F)

The von Königsmark Limited Edition Box


Of the miniatures I ordered, they were good with communications about when they would be sent, they kept me informed every step of the way with postal updates that I could look up, and so I was really impressed with how smooth it all went.  That was until I opened the box.  What should have been a limited edition of the Konigsmark sisters, was in fact the basic figures, no additional weapon and of course, no dog.  Whilst I can understand that companies can run out of stock, I would have preferred it had they contacted me to let me know that the item was no longer available and then asked if I still wanted it with the standard figures.   When I contacted them to inform them of the order error, the communication was good, and whilst it took a few mails to get the problems explained, I was offered the chance to either return the figures or receive a 10 euro credit for future orders.  


So having dealt with that issue, (I kept the mini's as they are beautifully sculpted) I did feel that overall, one of the major problems that you have with the ones I ordered (I can't comment on other items that they sell) is that there are no instructions for easy assembly so you have to sit down and figure it all out.  The weapons were a tight fit for the Konigsmark sisters and after gluing, has left me feeling that there's a lot of detail that may not be able to be painted unless I take them apart.  This has left me feeling a little bit out of sorts as it took me a while to get them together.  


Secondly the other figures (which were plastic) had an overly excessive amount of flash and some of the molds aren't as crisp as they could be, which left me having to carefully snip and file to get the shapes right before I even sat down to go through the mold lines and assembly.  OK, yes, you do expect a certain amount of assembly and clean up but it just felt that for five models in each pack it took me a couple of hours for each five (and I still haven't stuck them to their bases.)


Overall I do love the mini's and there are so many that I would love to own, however currently, I feel like I'd only buy from them in the future to utilise my credit, and then I'd want someone to print the STL files for me or I'd have to purchase a printer personally.   


No comments:

Post a Comment