Featured post

NEWS: Totally Pawsome Policies for Interviews and Reviews - Thundermouser

  Hail Mighty Readers and Rollers of the Maths Rocks, We love to interview people in the TTRPG scene so if you are in one of the following r...

Friday 1 November 2019

SPIRITUAL REVIEW: A Practical Guide to Pagan Priesthood - Rev Lora O'Brien

Release Date: 01/11/19
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications



SYNOPSIS: There s a pressing need in the Pagan community for strong, aware, responsible, and accountable leaders. This book provides a down-to-earth perspective on what it means to be a priestess or priest and explores the duties, responsibilities, challenges, and benefits of stepping into such a role. Whether you are currently a priest or priestess, are considering becoming one, or would like to be more informed about Pagan leadership so you can better support your community, this book helps you learn about the practical skills required and provides ideas on how you can acquire or improve them. As Paganism continues to grow and new generations become leaders, this guide shares a practical picture of what the Pagan clergy can be.
REVIEW: As a reader fascinated with a lot of different aspects of the spiritualism I picked this book up to see how the more religious side of the equation worked for those within and whilst I couldn't see myself as a member of the Pagan Priesthood, I found the lessons within interesting and explained really well.

However for me, other than this, I really didn't get on with the book as I felt it wasn't quite written for the pagan faith in and of itself, more of how all priests should act for any faith. Don't get me wrong, that's not always a bad thing bringing the moralistic stance to practitioners however for me, the only real lesson that I took from the whole title was to think about how your own acts and actions would impair others around, which I suppose is perhaps the whole point of the book.

All round its solid enough and obviously written by someone who knows what they're talking about but for me, it wasn't a title I had to spend hours with or will be rereading again which sadly means it wouldn't be something that would have to have shelf space.


No comments:

Post a Comment