Featured post

NEWS: Totally Pawsome Policies for Interviews and Reviews - Thundermouser

  Hail Mighty Readers and Rollers of the Maths Rocks, We love to interview people in the TTRPG scene so if you are in one of the following r...

Monday 26 June 2023

MINIATURE PAINTING: Dwarf Mohawk Bust - Tytantroll

Hail Mighty Readers and Rollers of the Math Rocks,

I was going through Etsy a few weeks ago, finding some mini's that I couldn't wait to get my hands on and then discovered a Dwarf Bust from Tytantroll that spoke to my inner Warhammer soul (this isn't an official item though), as back in the 90's I build a Dwarven Warhammer Army around my core Slayer unit.  

So when this item landed I couldn't wait to get started.


Disclaimer:  Paints and bust were purchased with my own money and whilst other ranges are available, these are the ones I had on hand to use.


Primer:  Citadel: White Scar

Colours listed are from the Army Painter range:


Hair and Beard:  

Yellow: Demonic Yellow (Mega Paint Set)

Orange: Fire Giant Orange (Speed Paint)

Red:  Slaughter Red (Speed Paint



Skin:

Barbarian Flesh (Mega Paint Set)
Flesh Wash (Mega Paint Set)

Lip: Tanned Flesh (Mega Paint Set)
Teeth:  Skeleton Bone (Mega Paint set) dry brushed with Matt White (Mega Paint Set)

So having primed I started with the hair and I originally painted it Orange, then worked the red into the lower area and refined it with Mega Paint sets Lava Orange so that I had more of a flame effect and then did the top part with the yellow and dry brushed the orange and red parts with the yellow to help them all blend together.

After this I worked on the skin details and liberally applied the flesh wash after working on the teeth.  All round its not an overly complex project but one I did have a ton of fun with and I can't wait to tackle other busts that grab my fancy.

Hope this helps,



ThunderMouser.


No comments:

Post a Comment