Featured post

NEWS: Totally Pawsome Policies for Interviews and Reviews - Thundermouser

  Hail Mighty Readers and Rollers of the Maths Rocks, We love to interview people in the TTRPG scene so if you are in one of the following r...

Saturday 5 May 2018

CRIME THRILLER REVIEW: Caselli and Torres 2: Kill the Angel - Sandrone Dazieri

RELEASE DATE:  03/05/18
PUBLISHER:  Simon and Schuster

SYNOPSIS:
The second novel from the acclaimed author of Kill the Father, a Richard and Judy 2017 Bookclub pick and Sunday Times bestseller, this thriller is multi-layered, complex, full of twists and turns and satisfyingly dark - one of those novels you just have to read late into the night.

A high-speed train from Milan draws into the station in Rome, and an horrific discovery in one carriage rocks the city. Preliminary investigations are put in the hands of Deputy Police Commissioner Colomba Caselli.

The police receive a message claiming responsibility for the act and announcing more murders to come, and they duly turn their attention to a small terrorist group of Islamic extremists. But investigator Dante Torre does not believe this angle. For him, this feels like a smokescreen concealing the actions of a killer who has a far more terrible motivation to continue.

The trail leads to Berlin and Venice, where the waters of the Venetian Lagoon will turn blood red ...


REVIEW:
Having loved Kill the Father, I couldn't wait to embark on another criminal investigation with Columba Caselli and when I heard of this title coming out, I couldn't wait to get my mitts on it.  What unfurls within is another story that is high octane from start to finish with an ending that just leaves you absolutely breathless. 

The author knows how to present cracking twists and turns, deliver a support cast that help further the story and of course keeps a few surprises in store to the very last.  That said, my major problem was that I felt that there wasn't any real character development for our lead protagonists, yes I was still gripped, yes I loved seeing them uncover information but I wanted growth especially after the first novel, events like that leave a mark and change personalities and future choices, here I felt that didn't happen.

All round I did have a great read but the next novel really needs to add some character growth for me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment